A Helping Hand
We’ve found the following links useful enough to be shared. If you have others you think we should include, let us know.
There are also a couple of other handy lists, such as ways to entertain yourself during lockdown and this list of local businesses still providing services in the Crofton Park, Honor Oak Park and Brockley area.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) have created this WhatsApp bot to answer the most frequent questions.
- The Coronavirus Tech Handbook is one of the most comprehensive resources for dealing with this crisis.
- Women’s Aid have pulled together an excellent resource for survivors of abuse.
- The CoronaHub on MyPickle is a really useful collection of national information resources
- On the less urgent side, if you’re new to VC tools and being asked to use them to work from home here are guides for Google Hangouts, Skype, and Zoom.
- A feminist Covid-19 response provides resources to help consider the pandemic through a feminism lens.
- Apologies to sensitive ears, but the movement #staythefuckhome has some advice and is a movement to encourage people to… well you can probably guess.
- If the bad news is getting you down, check out covereddish.org which is pulling together all the positive stories.
KEEPING KIDS ENTERTAINED AT HOME
- At last count this app (Doing It For The Kids) had well over 100 links of things to do with kids, so I won’t replicate them all here!
- If you’re at home with kids and looking for inspiration to keep them entertained, the scouts activities list contains lots of inspiration.
- For inspiration specifically for self-isolating with toddlers.
OTHER LOCAL HELP
- Fantastic spreadsheeted list of local WhatsApp groups to join, community groups, etc, from the overarching Lewisham mutual aid group.
- To find other Lewisham-based groups focused on wellbeing, have a look at the Lewisham Wellbeing Map.
- For local business support from the council, check www.lewishamlocal.com.
- If you’re closer to Nunhead, you can reach out to Nunhead Knocks.
- For support in Spanish and Portuguese from translation of mutual aid materials through to some small financial support, contact this Latin American focused group on Facebook (focus is south London).
NATIONAL ADVICE & SUPPORT SERVICES
- For medical matters, please read this Coronavirus advice first. For other medical help check www.nhs.uk for the latest up to date advice, or go to 111.nhs.uk as a last resort call 111.
- The latest government updates are on the government’s website here www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- We are one of the Covid Mutual Aid groups, if you’re not local, sign up for one closer to home here: covidmutualaid.org.
- If you’re worried about paying your rent, you can email London Renters Union on firstname.lastname@example.org, visit londonrentersunion.org or call them on 07784444000.
- If you’re in social housing, the Social Housing Action Campaign (SHAC) can provide support and information.
- Acorn Community Union.
- National charity Shelter have some housing advice resources.
- The Housing Justice charity also have some Coronavirus Advice.
- The National Autistic Society has written some guidance for families going through this during lockdown.
- An excellent resource for support if you have children with LD or ASD performing challenging behaviour.